The Democratic Party of Illinois is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the Party’s Data Director. This is a full-time, senior staff position that will drive the strategic use of data for Democratic campaigns at all levels in Illinois and will be crucial in our efforts to build the Democratic Party and expand Democratic majorities.
About the Democratic Party of Illinois:
In the 2022 election cycle, the DPI protected and elected Democrats up and down the ballot, while building the most active and inclusive party our state has ever seen. Our work is year round, and our programs will focus on welcoming Illinois Democrats home to a party relentlessly focused on electing those who champion our causes and our communities
What Will You Do?
As the Data Director you will be responsible for managing the Data department and creating and implementing a plan to continuously improve the quality and use of data in Illinois political campaigns.
- Building out DPI’s data infrastructure, creating systems and processes that allow data to move efficiently through modern campaign tools and technology;
- Working with the other members of the leadership team to develop regular reporting and ad-hoc analysis, including but not limited to voter registration trends, candidate recruitment, voter contact results, predictive model validation;
- Managing staff, including DPI’s Voter File Manager;
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to drive improvements to DPI’s data policies and trainings;
- Advising the Chair and Executive Director on data-related matters;
- Assisting the fundraising team and related consultants with fine tuning a low-dollar grassroots fundraising program;
- Working collaboratively with other senior leaders on organizational-wide priorities;
- Building relationships with the DNC, DDX, other State Parties, and additional key stakeholders to ensure Illinois is a leader in the use and management of data.
Who Are You?
The ideal candidate will be a passionate promoter of Democratic values, and should believe to their core in the power of data to create more strategic and effective campaigns, and should be excited to cement this value in the Democratic Party of Illinois.
- At least two (2) cycles of political data experience on a political campaign, at a state or national party committee, or a related political organization. Management of data staff or execution of strategic level data initiatives preferred.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (preferably BigQuery) strongly preferred;
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets required;
- The ability to explain complex data concepts to a non-technical audience;
- Experience working across departments to develop data-driven strategies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work well with internal staff and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and able to adapt quickly to meet project needs.
Applicants must live in Illinois. Preference given to applicants who can work in-office either in Chicago or Springfield. Applicants must have the ability to travel throughout the state for up to several days at a time, have reliable access to a personal vehicle, and must have a valid driver’s license. The salary range for this role is competitive and commensurate with experience. DPI also offers a generous benefits package with the opportunity for growth.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and their resume to [email protected]. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
The Democratic Party of Illinois is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, marital, veteran or economic status, or any other legally protected basis. The Democratic Party of Illinois is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. Please contact us for any accommodations needed in the hiring process.