The Democratic Party of Illinois (DPI) is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Digital Director. This position works closely with the Press Secretary and Digital Manager to effectively further the DPI’s digital communications, organizing, and fundraising programs.
About the Democratic Party of Illinois
The Democratic Party of Illinois is dedicated to electing Democrats at all levels across Illinois while building the most active, inclusive, and diverse party possible.
What Will You Do?
The Digital Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of DPI’s digital operations. This includes leading digital communications strategy development, overseeing digital fundraising efforts, and managing digital organizing engagement.
- Provide strategic guidance to the Chair and Executive Director on digital communications strategy and messaging in coordination with the Press Secretary;
- Supervise the Digital Manager;
- Initiate, develop and execute digital communications campaigns, including social media, email, and website content generation;
- Develop social media strategies to promote DPI initiatives and engage with supporters and stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain party messaging and branding guidelines, ensuring consistency across all digital platforms;
- Coordinate with Democratic candidates, campaign, and stakeholder teams to amplify DPI’s messaging and initiatives;
- Manage the maintenance of DPI’s website, ensuring that content is up-to-date, visually appealing, and user-friendly.
- Oversee DPI’s Digital Fundraising Consultant;
- Develop and execute digital fundraising campaigns, including email campaigns, social media ads, and digital donation forms, in coordination with the Digital Fundraising Consultant;
- Analyze donor data to identify trends and revise targeting;
- Collaborate with the Finance Director to ensure that digital fundraising activities are aligned with DPI’s initiatives;
- Oversee the implementation and management of digital fundraising tools and platforms.
- Lead the growth and development of DPI’s statewide digital organizing and mobilization program in partnership with the Field Director;
- Draft action alerts, text messaging scripts and opt-in pathways, and other written content;
- Collaborate with DPI senior staff to develop segmentation strategies to support the DPI’s overall goals and campaigns;
- Assist the Data Director in managing DPI’s suite of digital campaign tools and training other staff on how to use them;
- In collaboration with the Organizing Team, use DPI’s digital tools to support the recruitment and engagement of DPI’s volunteers;
- Track the digital organizing and campaigning landscape to identify opportunities for DPI to innovate and improve upon current practices.
Who Are You?
The ideal candidate will be a passionate promoter of Democratic values and have experience in communications, social media strategy, and social media trends. They will be constantly curious and creative and an exceptional communicator on various digital platforms. Familiarity with the Illinois political landscape is preferred.
- 2-3 cycles working in a supervisory role, overseeing digital fundraising, communications, and/or organizing strategies;
- Demonstrated experience building and executing strategic digital communications plans;
- Demonstrated experience creating written communications materials for digital platforms;
- Experience executing digital fundraising strategy preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work well with internal staff and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and able to adapt quickly to meet project needs;
- Commitment to the DPI’s values and mission.
Applicants must live in Illinois. Applicants must have the ability to travel throughout the state for up to several days at a time and must have a valid driver’s license. The salary range for this role is $70,000 – $90,000, commensurate with experience. DPI offers a generous benefits package with the opportunity for growth.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send an introductory email and their resume to [email protected]. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Preference will be given to applicants who apply by June 30th, 2023. The Democratic Party of Illinois is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to our mission. DPI is an equal opportunity employer and it is DPI’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic identity, physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.