The Democratic Party of Illinois is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the Party’s Deputy Voter File Manager. This is a full-time position that will assist with managing committee access to the Democratic Voter Database, and will be crucial in our efforts to build the Democratic Party and expand Democratic majorities.
About the Democratic Party of Illinois:
In the 2022 election cycle, the DPI protected and elected Democrats up and down the ballot, while building the most active and inclusive party our state has ever seen. Our work is year round, and our programs will focus on welcoming Illinois Democrats home to a party relentlessly focused on electing those who champion our causes and our communities.
What Will You Do?
As the Deputy Voter File Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Voter File Manager and the Data Director in creating and implementing a plan to continuously improve the quality and use of data in Illinois political campaigns, managing internal Democratic Party of Illinois data projects, and managing relationships with VoteBuilder Community Managers across the state.
- Assisting in building out DPI’s data infrastructure, creating systems and processes that allow data to move efficiently through modern campaign tools and technology;
- Working collaboratively with DPI senior staff on organizational-wide priorities;
- Building relationships with Democratic campaigns and organizations to ensure DPI’s data is being used correctly;
- Helping to conduct regular trainings with the Voter File Manager on how to use the Democratic Voter Database;
- Supporting various Democratic campaigns and organizations with their technology and data needs;
- Managing access to the Democratic Voter Database, and ensuring compliance with our Voter File Policy among users.
Who Are You?
The ideal candidate will be a passionate promoter of Democratic values, and should believe to their core in the power of data to create more strategic and effective campaigns, and should be excited to cement this value in the Democratic Party of Illinois.
- At least two (2) cycles of experience on a political campaign, at a state or national party committee, or a related political organization. Experience with field organization and volunteer management is preferred.
- Extensive experience with VoteBuilder is required;
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work well with internal staff and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and able to adapt quickly to meet project needs.
Applicants must live in Illinois and are expected to work primarily in-office in Chicago. Applicants must have the ability to travel throughout the state for up to several days at a time, have reliable access to a personal vehicle, and must have a valid driver’s license. The salary range for this role is competitive and commensurate with experience. DPI also offers a generous benefits package with the opportunity for growth.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and their resume to [email protected]. Deadline to apply is Wednesday, January 25th, 2023.
The Democratic Party of Illinois is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, marital, veteran or economic status, or any other legally protected basis. The Democratic Party of Illinois is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. Please contact us for any accommodations needed in the hiring process.