The Democratic Party of Illinois (DPI) is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Finance Director. This full-time, senior staff position works closely with the Party Chair and Executive Director to ensure that DPI has the resources it needs to meet yearly operational and programmatic goals and to plan for future growth.
About the Democratic Party of Illinois:
In the 2022 election cycle, the DPI protected and elected Democrats up and down the ballot, while building the most active and inclusive party our state has ever seen. Our work is year round, and our programs will focus on welcoming Illinois Democrats home to a party relentlessly focused on electing those who champion our causes and our communities.
What Will You Do?
The Finance Director is responsible for building and managing a successful, multi-faceted fundraising infrastructure. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Plan and execute a finance plan for 2023 and 2024, working closely with the Executive Director to integrate raise projections with the DPI operating budget;
- Develop and manage a donor maintenance strategy as it relates to outreach, on-boarding, cultivation, engagement and retention from donors acquired via all channels;
- Hire and manage finance staff to ensure that fundraising goals are met or exceeded;
- Plan and execute fundraisers with the finance team to ensure fundraising goals are met or exceeded for the cycle;
- Facilitate call time with the Chair and surrogates with help from the finance team;
- Schedule and hold solicitation meetings with current and prospective donors;
- Manage relationships with donors, government relations teams, PAC managers, organized labor, and other fundraising stakeholders;
- Assist in the management of a successful grassroots digital and direct mail fundraising program;
- Build and maintain processes and organizational structures for solicitation and collection of contributions, for data management, and for financial compliance;
- Work with the compliance department to provide accurate and timely reporting of contributions;
- Serve as a partner for campaigns and state and national party committees as it relates to joint fundraising activity.
Who Are You?
The ideal candidate will be an experienced fundraiser and a passionate promoter of Democratic values. They will be creative, highly organized, and a self-starter. A familiarity with the Illinois political landscape is preferred.
- At least three (3) cycles working in a campaign finance position or at least four (4) years of experience in a non-profit development position, and demonstrated management experience;
- Experience building and maintaining a multi-year finance plan;
- Demonstrated understanding of long-term donor stewardship;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work well with internal staff and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and able to adapt quickly to meet project needs.
Applicants must live in Illinois. Fully-remote applicants considered, but preference given to applicants who can work in-office either in Chicago or Springfield. Applicants must have the ability to travel throughout the state for up to several days at a time, have reliable access to a personal vehicle, and must have a valid driver’s license. The salary range for this role is competitive and commensurate with experience. DPI also offers a generous benefits package with the opportunity for growth.
The salary range for this role is $96,000 – $132,000 and is commensurate with experience. DPI also offers a generous benefits package with the opportunity for growth.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and their resume to [email protected]. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
The Democratic Party of Illinois is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, marital, veteran or economic status, or any other legally protected basis. The Democratic Party of Illinois is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. Please contact us for any accommodations needed in the hiring process.