With two months to go until the general election, it’s far past time for MAGA conservative candidate for Illinois treasurer Tom Demmer to explain why he has been a consistent anti-woman, anti-worker, pro-gun vote in Illinois.
Demmer refused to complete any candidate questionnaires during the primary, trying desperately to dodge his own far-right agenda and his support for former President Donald Trump, former Governor Bruce Rauner and GOP gubernatorial nominee Darren Bailey.
Voters are still waiting for answers to major questions such as:
- Do you stand by Darren Bailey’s extremist positions, his obstructionist voting record, and his divisive rhetoric?
- How will you prioritize fiscal responsibility after leading the voting bloc to help Rauner break the state by going two years without a budget?
- Why do you oppose common sense gun measures to restrict dangerous military-style weapons?
- Why did you vote against the Equal Rights Amendment?
- Why did you refuse to support critical health measures for working families such as a cap on out-of-pocket insulin costs?
Illinois Treasurer Mike Frerichs’ record of delivering for Illinoisans speaks for itself. Over two terms, he has:
- Created one of the best college savings plans in the country, increasing college savings from $7 billion to $17 billion and saving families more than $100 million in fees.
- Established a retirement savings program that travels with the worker, enabling over 100,000 workers who previously did not have a retirement plan to now save $85 million with Secure Choice.
- Returned a record $1.5 billion in unclaimed property and tripled the number of claims paid per year, streamlining the process such that some residents do not even have to file a claim in order to be paid.